With home working now firmly embedded in the routine of the global workforce, many organisations need to reimagine their portfolio strategy. All signs point towards a diverse future corporate ecosystem that leverages the benefits of multiple asset types, locations and remote working. It is vital for companies to explore opportunities to rationalise and future-proof their portfolios, mitigating risks in a context of business uncertainty and creating workplaces that scale with growth.
A transparent evaluation of your portfolio backed by data and deep knowledge of market trends
It will be key to evaluate your portfolio in the face of the new realities of remote working, rise of e-commerce, decelerating urbanisation, as workers opt to avoid busy commutes, choosing the ability to work locally and consumers prefer to purchase online. Owners across all industries will need to adapt to the new needs of tenants, such as the requirement for physical space to be de-densified, digitally-enabled and heavy on amenities to support better collaboration, but also evolving physical footprints and occupier location strategies.
Our Portfolio Optimisation services help you to make the right decision on your portfolio strategy, based on clear understanding of your company objectives, the market dynamics in which your buildings operate, your space usage and your building operational costs.
1 in 4 CRE leaders expect growth in Portfolio Strategy outsourcing by 2020
Our real estate strategy consultants combine decades of experience with advanced analytics to help you to add agility and flexibility into your portfolio, realise cost-savings, gain proximity to clients and drive operational efficiencies. We’ll work with you to create concrete, actionable solutions, validated by trusted analytics, by:
- Evaluating your entire portfolio to identify immediate opportunities and quick wins
- Undertaking a detailed analysis to develop a clear strategy for a specific market
- Integrating our independent global benchmarking service to track your performance against your peers
- Developing a comprehensive strategy to enable you to transform your entire portfolio
- Establishing programmes that systematically generate and track space optimisation opportunities for you
- Turning opportunities into both financial and non-financial benefits
The path to reimagine your portfolio
- Distribute the workforce and reduce reinfection risk and improve sustainability of commutes by expanding into suburban areas.
- Leverage Flex providers as an alternative, allowing segregated team by team collaboration.
New ways of working
- Reflect on mass adoption of homeworking and the impact on space and demands.
- Companies will need to review the purpose of the office.
- Adapt to new customers journey driven by online purchase.
- Refocus on low / zero carbon agenda in low oil priced world.
- ‘Green & Productive’ assessment for buildings based on modified demand.
- Stronger sense of purpose and community as anchor for sustainability and human experience initiatives.
Mitigate financial impact
- Explore opportunity to transfer liabilities to mitigate financial impact.
- Consider assets & liability portfolio transfer to investor or JV with occupation agreement.
- Borrowing against RE assets (cash).
- Buying core assets (balance sheet) at record low interest rates.
- Revise asset and liability provisions based on revised space / demand assumptions (accelerated write-off / reduced repair and reinstatement provisions).
- Help the business position stronger EBITDA through use of restructuring provisions where available.
Would you like to know more about portfolio optimisation? Contact us using the form below, we will contact you as soon as possible.
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously.
Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of dealing with your enquiry.
We endeavor to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely. For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our privacy statement.